Blog 3 / / Photos and Textures



The first photo came from one of many parkway drives in Boone - imagine Frank Ocean playing, the windows all the way down, a car full of friends and laughter. The texture comes from my best friend Hannah's doodles, inspired by a recent break-up and Eat Pray Love.
The second photo came from when I lived in Chapel Hill, and on a particularly sad day decided to ditch everything and drive until I found somewhere beautiful. I came upon Lake Jordan in literally the middle of nowhere, which brought all the peace I needed. Overtop, another Hannah doodle- love is everything.
The third photo was on a trip to Asheville, when I came upon a man who was sitting and writing poems for anyone who wanted one, about anything. I had him write me a poem about coincidences, which is what I used for texture. The poem and the moment was beautiful.
To make all of these images, I basically just rotated every texture piece, cropped both the images together to make it fit, played with the opacity and different blending modes in layers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG 11